Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TWD: Alsatian Apple Tart

First up for TWD this week is Dorie's Alsatian Apple Tart. I adore apples in any form, especially in pies and tarts, and because it's just me now, I can have cooked apples anytime I wish. This particular tart only took two apples -- one large Braeburn and one small Gala.



The creamy custard that covers the apples is easy to mix up, making this dessert a good choice for a get-together.




I did share a portion of it with my neighbor so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it all.




This is also a very photogenic dessert, and definitely a dessert winner.




Jessica, of cookbookhabit, chose this apple tart. She'll have the recipe available on her blog. Take a few minutes to stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie site to see what the other bakers thought.




Not being in a chocolate mood lately, I took a pass on the second recipe of the week, Bittersweet Brownies. Perhaps I'll be able to bake them during the rewind week.

7 comments:

Peggy said...

This is just a beautiful beautiful tart. We loved its flavors.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I can almost smell it too. Thanks for sharing such great photos.

:)
ButterYum

Flourchild said...

Your apples look so uniform and pretty! I just through mine in! It was a winner, so tasty!

Nicole said...

Yours looks so perfect. My custard and apples separated a bit but it still was just as wonderful.

Unknown said...

Your tart looks like it came straight out of the bakery case - beautiful! I was sad when mine was gone, too. Thanks for baking with me this week!

TeaLady said...

Your tart is lovely. I have GOT to make this one. all good reviews. Maybe for the rewind....?

Jaime said...

so pretty! you did a good job with the "artful arrangement" of apples in the center :)