Friday, April 15, 2011

TWD: Strawberry-Cranberry Double Crisp

Busy times around here, so it's been difficult to find time for the usual baking and cooking activities. Posting is problematical, too, especially when trying to think of something semi-intelligent to write. By 5 pm, my brain is fried.

Although a bit late, I rebelled against work the other day and decided to make the Strawberry-Rhubarb Double Crisp.


Except, we don't care for rhubarb around here. I was going to pass, but then figured I could substitute cranberries for the rhubarb. They have a lovely tartness, and I have tons of cranberries in the freezer.



Because I love fresh strawberries so much, I hate to ruin them by cooking (except for jam, of course). So I had my daughter buy a package of frozen sliced strawberries. They turned in to the lovely jam-like topping that was spread onto the frozen cranberries.




The remaining crisp topping was sprinkled over the strawberry jam.



Then, the whole shebang was baked, resulting in some bubbling, oozing goodness.


Oh yeah.



This was one might fine dessert.


I can imagine making this all year round, using different combinations of fruit.



This was my serving bowl. (wink wink)



Not really, although I was tempted.


My daughter only ate one bowl, so I have been forced to consume the rest. It was probably the ginger, which I like, but, apparently, she doesn't.

Now, I'm off for another serving.


This week's hostess was Sarah of
Teapots and Cakestands. Great choice! You can find the recipe on her website.


Check out the other fruity desserts on the Tuesdays with Dorie blog.




1 comment:

Cakelaw said...

It looks fabulous Judy- glad you enjoyed it.