Thursday, April 29, 2010

BB: Jam & Coconut Thumbprint Cookies


I should be working right now. I should be catching up on all my unfinished tasks. But I'm not.

Instead, I'm working at catching up on baking. Infinitely more fun and rewarding than anything else.


First up are the jam thumbprint cookies for Barefoot Bloggers. I only made one third of the recipe, but I wish I'd made more. These are truly delicious. I used some boysenberry jam for the centers and unsweetened coconut for rolling. I believe you could substitute finely ground nuts for the coconut. The basic cookie part is just a butter cookie, a really scrumptious butter cookie.

Here's the baking progression.





Over 300 recommendations can't be wrong. These cookies would be perfect for any party or function as well as for just plain cookie-eating. They are lovely to behold and have that wonderful buttery-goodness taste. Thanks to Cassandra of Foodie with Little Thyme for a great choice.

No comments: