Friday, October 23, 2009

TWD: Soft Pumpkin Hockey Pucks


Apparently, I left my baking mojo somewhere in the Caribbean. How else can I account for the fact that these biscuits were a failure? To be fair, they tasted alright, but they never rose and were still a bit doughy on the inside, even after 30 minutes of baking.


Because sweet potatoes never cross the door step, I used pumpkin instead.




Everything seemed to proceed well enough, except the biscuits never rose and were stubborn about being cooked all the way through.



The funny thing is, they tasted ok. My yellow-vegetable-hating daughter pronounced them delicious and ate most of them. Go figure.

I did make these on Tuesday, but I have a huge work backlog, so the baking/cooking events will have to be fit in when space/time becomes available. At least until I get caught up.

For the recipe, check out Erin's blog at Prudence Pennywise.

I haven't stopped by the other TWD blogs since my return, but I plan to do it this weekend and expect to see some wonderful biscuits, right?

2 comments:

Madam Chow said...

Mine were hockey pucks, too, but very tasty!

Megan said...

I skipped this recipe - I just couldn't get the concept through my brain.

I know that if anyone could get them to work, it would be you. Which is why I'm surprised that you ended up with hockey pucks.