Sunday, May 25, 2008

VTV: Grated Carrot Salad

This week’s featured vegetable is the carrot. I guess I can’t do the stir-fry again, right? It did contain carrots as well as broccoli.

So, here’s a quick and easy way to showcase carrots – a grated carrot salad. It’s great for improvisations, too. This time, I mixed one grated carrot with equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream – just enough to moisten the carrots. Then I added a pinch of Kosher salt, a pinch of sugar, a squeeze of lime juice, and some currants. If I have dried cranberries, I will use them, and, of course, there are always raisins and drained, crushed pineapple, depending on mood and availability.




This is my offering for Vindicate the Vegetable, created by Nina of Love, Sweet Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter thinks this looks so good - we did honey glazed carrots and they were great. We will definitely make your recipe this week! Thanks for a great idea!!