Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie


You might think I’m a little confused this week. While I did bake a cake from Dorie’s book, it wasn’t the Peanut Butter Torte that everyone else made.

I almost let this week go by, unbaked, since I was overbooked (#1) and there are friends in my quilt group who don’t like chocolate (#2). You see, I’m the hostess this week for my small group, and also the dessert-baker, but, since I can’t make a chocolate dessert, and there is no way I should be eating this week’s TWD choice all by myself, I decided to bake a substitute – Swedish Visiting Cake, which is very quick, delicious, and non-chocolate. So, today, my quilt group will be feasting on cheesecake lollipops and Swedish Visiting Cake.


As for the candle decoration, I am dedicating this cake to our lovely founder, Laurie, in honor of her natal anniversary.



Have a good one, Laurie!


If you want to see the Peanut Butter Torte, check out the other TWD blogs, and hopefully, I’ll be on track next week. It’s not the Torte’s fault, by the way. I love peanut butter and chocolate, but my waistline is suffering a bit from all the goodies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

Engineer Baker said...

Wow - that looks just like the picture in the book! Beautiful!

Christine said...

This cake is beautiful and I love your platter!