Thursday, November 22, 2007

More sourdough

Last night was my artisan bread class, and to no one's surprise, only half the class showed up. Those that did had fun baking two more recipes from Reinhart's book:

Basic Sourdough Bread











Potato, Cheddar, and Chive Torpedoes.



















The barms had been prepared the day before, which helped the process along. Both breads are straightforward -- we mixed and fermented as usual, then shaped and proofed, then baked. Even though I had bread in my freezer for today's holiday, I decided I would use these in addition. The cheese bread is especially yummy.

My baking partner, Chris, decorated my brown paper bag for me. He's such a trip.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Judy:

Your bread looks delicious. I did hear about the store, from Sophia, but have yet to check it out.

Hope you are having a great holiday.

Meredith said...

Wish I could have been there! The torpedo looks delicious!